Lightly sweetened walnut butter with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla.
Calories140 calTotal Fat14 gSaturated Fat7 gPolyunsaturated Fat1.9 gMonounsaturated Fat3.3 gCholesterol30 mgSodium85 mgCarbohydrates6 gDietary Fiber0 gProteinless than 1 g
- 1/2 cup California Walnuts
- 1/2 lb. butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes to lightly toast. Let cool.
- Coarsely chop walnuts and stir into butter in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log about 1 1/2 to 2-inches in diameter. Fold over plastic wrap, then fold in the ends to seal tightly. Cover and chill until firm.
- To serve, cut into slices and serve over pancakes, waffles, French toast, biscuits or toast.