This snack is loaded with crunchy walnuts, dates and dried cranberries, making them a perfect before workout snack. The cereal adds a nice crispy texture to these healthy treats.
Calories110 calTotal Fat6 gSaturated Fat1.5 gPolyunsaturated Fat3.42 gMonounsaturated Fat0.7 gCholesterol0 mgSodium5 mgCarbohydrates15 gDietary Fiber2 gTotal Sugars12 gProtein<1 gVitamin D0 mcgCalcium10 mgIron1 mgPotassium100 mg
- 1 cup California walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, plus additional for coating if desired
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown or traditional crispy rice cereal
- Place walnuts, dates, cranberries, coconut and flax seeds in a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Add honey and vanilla and pulse until ingredients are fairly finely chopped.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add cereal. Mix with your hands until it’s fully incorporated.
- Roll into 14 equal balls, pressing firmly when shaping. Roll all or half in additional coconut, if desired.