Total Time45 MinsServes8Serving Size1/8 cakeCourseDesserts
A light buttery cake with just a hint of cardamom.
Calories270 calTotal Fat17 gSaturated Fat6 gPolyunsaturated Fat5.4 gMonounsaturated Fat3.7 gCholesterol85 mgSodium160 mgCarbohydrates27 gDietary Fiber>1 gProtein4 g
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- Coarsely chopped California walnuts (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer on low speed. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in sour cream.
- Stir together flour, cardamom, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl then add to batter, beating just until incorporated. Beat in chopped walnuts.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle with coarsely chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.