Total Time25 MinsServes36Serving Size1 cookieCourseDesserts
Calories131 calTotal Fat7 gSaturated Fat3 gPolyunsaturated Fat2 gMonounsaturated Fat2 gCholesterol19 mgSodium76 mgCarbohydrates15 gDietary Fiber1 gTotal Sugars9 gAdded Sugars9 gProtein2 gVitamin D0 mcgCalcium14 mgIron0.5 mgPotassium52 mg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed to thicken
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter with both sugars in bowl of electric mixer. Beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Beat at low speed until combined. Stir in carrots and walnuts.
- Scoop dough into prepared baking sheets in 1-1/4 inch balls and bake for 15-17 minutes (or until lightly golden).
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until desired frosting consistency. For a looser frosting, use less powdered sugar. For a stiffer frosting add more powdered sugar. Once cookies have cooled, add frosting and garnish with walnuts.