The name doesn’t lie: this recipe is pure bliss. The cacao and coconut flavors with an added walnut crunch are the dessert you’ve been missing. And for an extra bonus: they don’t even require baking!
Calories150 calTotal Fat11 gSaturated Fat1.5 gPolyunsaturated Fat7.091 gMonounsaturated Fat1.300 gCholesterol0 mgSodium0 mgCarbohydrates14 gDietary Fiber2 gAdded Sugars11 gProtein3 g
- 2 cup California walnuts
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- Unsweetened coconut flakes and unsweetened cocoa powder (optional coating)
- Place walnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add coconut, cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and dates; pulse again until mixture forms a thick paste. (Don’t process too long or mixture will become too sticky.)
- Roll into 16 equal balls, then roll in additional coconut or cocoa powder if desired. Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.